Too massive to be explored in a single day, Snowmass demands repeat trips. And who wouldn't want to revisit over 3,000 acres of cruisers, steeps, terrain parks and half pipes, splayed upon a Rocky Mountain massif with a vertical drop of 4,406 feet? With 23 lifts and 91 trails, Snowmass defies belief.
The new base village in Snowmass includes over one million square feet of residential, hotel, restaurant, retail and conference space, all strategically located at the entrance of what is arguably the finest ski and snowboard mountain in the world.
- Season Dates: November 22, 2012 - April 14, 2013, conditions permitting
- Lift Hours: The Sky Cab opens at 8:00am; the Cirque lift opens at 10:00am; the Village Express and Big Burn lifts open at 8:30am; all other lifts open at 9:00am.
- Base Elevation: 8,104 ft/2,473 m
- Summit Elevation: 12,510 ft/3,813 m
- Vertical Rise: 4,406 ft/1,343 m
- Terrain: 3,128 acres/1,266 hectares
- Number of Trails: 91
- Miles/km of Trails: 147 miles/237 km
- Longest Run: 5.3 miles/8.5 km
- Steepest Run: Gowdy's and AMF — slope angle of 40 degrees
- Types of Trails: Easiest: 6%, More Difficult: 50%, Most Difficult: 12%, Expert: 32%
- Annual Snowfall: 300 inches/762 cm
- Snowmaking: 185 acres/75 hectares
- Lifts (24): 21 primary - 1 eight-passenger gondola, 1 high-speed six passenger chair, 1 six-passenger pulse gondola (enclosed), 6 high-speed quads, 1 quad, 3 doubles, 4 magic carpets, 2 ski/snowboard school lifts; 3 secondary - 1 double (Sheer Bliss), 2 platter pulls (Cirque and Scooper)
- Lift Capacity: 31,080 riders/hour
- Best Known For: Wide-open, groomed cruising and family-friendly activities. Snowmass has long been rated one of the best family ski areas in North America
- Best-Kept Secret: The daily "Noon Groom,” a freshly groomed run that reopens at noon. Also, breakfast at Gwyn's High Alpine can't be beat.
- What's New: Already one of North America's premier resorts, Snowmass recently underwent a host of on-mountain improvements: the new Sheer Bliss lift; Sam's Smokehouse restaurant and Sneaky's Tavern; additional commercial, residential and restaurant space in base village; the new Treehouse Kids' Adventure Center; the Elk Camp Meadows Learning area accessible by the eight-passenger Elk Camp Gondola. In addition, the Snow Park Technologies-designed Snowmass Park now includes a 22-foot superpipe!
- Location: Within the White River National Forest, adjacent to Snowmass Village and 9 miles from downtown Aspen