Green Leaf Initiative
The Resort Company by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, is committed to providing legendary guest experiences with the goal of minimizing our impact on the environment. Our dedicated green committee has developed our Green Leaf Initiative. We have made many efforts in our daily operations to recycle, conserve energy and save water. We hope that you are willing to join us in these efforts by taking part in the guest participation programs listed below. Together we can make a difference.
Together we can make a difference.
The following environmental programs have been instituted at our Beaver Creek locations:
- Use of environmentally friendly Aveda bathroom products.
- Use of environmentally friendly green certified cleaning products in the room and laundry operation.
- Purchase of direct buy, environmentally friendly coffee for The Terrace and guest rooms.
- Purchase recycled office copy paper.
- Bulk purchasing, whenever possible, of all building, cleaning and food and beverage products.
- Use of recycled paper for marketing materials.
- Installation of low flow showerheads and faucet aerators in the rooms.
- Laundering of bed linens every third day (unless requested more frequently).
- Ozone system installed in laundry to reduce hot water usage in cleaning process.
- Our landscaping consists of low water consumptive native plants.
- Installation of automated moisture sensors to reduce summer irrigation use when it rains.
- Promote and encourage the use of Energy Star appliances in our units for our owners.
- Purchased high efficiency hot water heaters for all the units.
- We encourage our employees to use employer sponsored bus programs and offer carpool incentives.
- Internal recycling programs in place for office paper, newspapers and aluminum, glass and plastic products.
- Use of energy efficient fluorescent and LED lighting in the property common areas.
- Installed new, high efficiency boiler system to heat all building common areas.
- Off-season energy shut down program in place for Spring and Fall closed times.
- 100% smoke-free property.
- Use of LED holiday lighting during the winter season.
As Our Guest, Here’s What You Can Do:
Towel Reuse Program
Using towels more than once saves hundreds of pounds of detergent and thousands of gallons of water each year. Towels left hanging on towel racks and hooks tell us that you wish to reuse them and we will not replace them. See towel cards for details.
Guest Recycling Program
There are 2 locations on property where recyclable items can be collected. We are currently paper products. Please call the front desk if you would like your items picked up.
Help us conserve energy by turning off all lights, TVs and other electrical appliances and devices before leaving your room for the day.
Thank you for helping us conserve the earth’s natural resources!