Overview of ResortQuest Marketing
ResortQuest manages the only nationally branded network of vacation rental properties throughout the continental United States and Canada. There's no doubt about it, there is marketing power in numbers, and our homeowners benefit from this visibility.
Local Expertise, Nationally Branded Marketing
When you choose ResortQuest to manage your property, you are drawing on a vast network of marketing professionals devoted specifically and exclusively to promoting your vacation rental. Your bottom line will benefit from the most sophisticated website management, monitoring and marketing programs; industry-leading call accounting, customer tracking and demographic software; and venerable partnerships with the most reputable and successful tour operators in the travel industry, such as Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ski.com and Vacation Roost.
Our Summit County team has long-standing affiliations with local businesses, the Chamber of Commerce and Vail Resorts. These crucial partnerships ensure that we can provide our guests and owners with discounted lift tickets, shuttles, ski/board rentals, and other vacation packaging components.
The ResortQuest Difference:
- ResortQuest is the largest marketer of managed vacation rentals in the United States
- ResortQuest spends more than $8.1 million annually in marketing
- ResortQuest maintains one of the most comprehensive websites in the Vacation Rental Industry representing every unit individually with video, photos, maps and detailed descriptions
- ResortQuest.com's website traffic averages more than 6 million Unique Visitors per year
- ResortQuest's Summit County websites average over 275,000 Unique Visitors per year
- ResortQuest.com was voted one of the top five vacation rental websites by Frommer's Travel and Leisure and Budget Travel Magazine.
- Aggressive local, regional, and national marketing programs featuring all ResortQuest properties
- We manage the only nationally branded network of properties throughout the United States, including a significant roster of international lodging partnerships.
- Cross-selling benefits in over 15,000 units at locations nationwide
- Established repeat customer base of over 2 million guests
- Dedicated on-site conference, leisure, corporate and wedding sales managers
- Strong, established relationships with travel agents, tour operators, meeting and wedding planners
ResortQuest spends several million dollars annually on a variety of strategic initiatives:
- State of the art website with real time online booking capability
- Comprehensive email and direct marketing campaigns to a database of over six million consumers
- Search engine pay-per-click marketing
- Social networking (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, FourSquare and more!)
- Radio and television
- Strategic partnerships with Interhome, RCI, RSN
- Local chamber and ski area campaign participation
- Production and distribution of marketing collateral
- Attendance of industry trade shows
- Group marketing
What is ResortQuest doing to remain competitive on the Internet?
Over 85% of consumers will have researched their vacation online. ResortQuest has established an industry leading website which is exceptionally successful with natural and local search rankings, in addition to our expert paid search placement. See for yourself! Run a search in google for 'Breckenridge lodging,' 'Breckenridge luxury lodging,' 'Breckenridge rentals,' or 'Breckenridge' and you'll find ResortQuest's website prominently displayed on the first page, oftentimes in the top 1-5 Pay-Per-Click search results, the top 10 Maps results, and the top 10 Natural/Organic results.
Each vacation rental is photographed and represented individually on our website with unlimited photographs, a detailed description, map, rates, and even a video tour. Our website will represent the location, views and interiors of your home better than any other management company. Plus, unlike other companies, our guests can request their exact vacation rental.
What is Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising?
Paid-Per-Click (PPC) or 'Sponsored' keyword advertisements are highly targeted text or banner ads that appear across millions of websites. They are most notably the ads that appear on the right hand side of a google search results page. Advertisers pay a few cents to several dollars each time someone clicks on one of these ads. Hence, "Pay-Per-Click." PPC search positioning is critical to capture that potential guest's initial interest and ultimately lead them to make a reservation.
What do the industry term 'wholesaler' and 'online travel agent' mean?
Wholesalers and online travel agents are third party distributors that market and package inventory to consumers and travel agents at many of our locations. Examples of these are Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, central reservation centers, and a variety of independent companies like Ski.com and VacationRoost.com. Such wholesalers and online travel agents drive 40-50% of the annual Breckenridge & Keystone vacation rental volumes, and typically contract for an average commission of 20%.
How is the rental rate set?
Our goal is to maximize occupancy for each rental property booking at the highest dollar value the market will bear for a particular time period. Our in-depth analysis of competitor rates, industry trends, and economic climate come into consideration. We carefully review each vacation rental type, quality, location, amenities and services. We track and monitor seasonal demand. We collaborate with our tour operators and with our colleagues at other ResortQuest ski destinations to pool sophisticated revenue management techniques – specific to our industry, to our local market and to our properties. Our rates and booking policies are not set in-stone. We continuously monitor and adapt to consumer demand and behavioral patterns.
How do I know that my unit will get rented fairly and equitably as compared to other units?
There are several factors which ensure your unit is rented fairly and equitably. First and foremost, our in-house vacation planning specialists are extremely well trained, and are coached on a daily basis. Our customers are perfectly matched with a vacation home that meets all of their needs.
Secondly, ResortQuest has developed a quality assurance and rating system (Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze) which not only helps match guest expectations with accommodations but helps you know when it's time to upgrade decor and furnishings. This is both a planning tool and a guide to increase rental revenues.
ResortQuest's reservation's software sorts vacation rentals within a property, first by the condo rating, and then by the number of rental nights. This ensures fair and equitable rentals.
Finally, unlike our primary competitors, ResortQuest's website represents each and every one of our vacation rentals individually with detailed descriptions, photos, a video tour and a map pinpointing your property's precise location. Our guests are able to request a specific unit. We have empowered our guests so that they can "know before they go"; we take the guessing game out of vacation planning; and provide them with the security of no surprises! Wherever possible, ResortQuest endeavors to equalize rentals, but some premium units inevitably stand out from the crowd. Our website ensures that these properties receive the attention – and bookings – they deserve.