Wyndham Vacation Rentals
Recycling and Sustainable Practices
The team at Wyndham Vacation Rentals in Steamboat — ResortQuest Steamboat and Steamboat Resorts — is committed to preserving the beautiful environment we call home so that everyone can enjoy Steamboat Springs for generations to come.
To ensure sustainable operations, we've embraced policies that minimize our impact on the environment. We are dedicated to ongoing operational improvements in waste management, and energy and water conservation.
Education and collaboration with our guests, homeowners, staff, business partners, and community is an integral part of our quest for environmental sustainability.
By choosing to stay with Wyndham Vacation Rentals in Steamboat, or partnering with us as your property manager or your employer, you are choosing to help our planet.
Examples of the green practices currently in place:
Recycling and Green Housekeeping
- Guest recycling and trash is collected on a daily basis
- Towel and linen re-use program
- Exclusive Thymes Eucalyptus scented body products - in the environmentally friendly PaperBottle
- Cascades 'North River' Bathroom Tissue, Toilet Paper and Paper Towels: the most complete line of recycled tissue paper products on the market and is also of superior quality. North River® not only exceeds the most stringent environmental standards, but is also certified by the largest number of organizations in the industry
- Walnut kitchen scrubber sponge made with walnut shells and 50% post consumer recycled materials
- Utilizing eco-friendly cleaning products
- Post-departure thermostat temperature control
- Small appliances unplugged when not in use
- Eliminate daily newspaper delivery and transfer to guest request program
- Green-Key™ Electronic Keycards - ResortQuest Steamboat uses Green-Key™ electronic lock keycards. Unlike plastic keycards, Green-Key™ is recyclable, biodegradable and produced from paperboard, a renewable resource. Its paperboard construction also makes it an economical choice versus other high priced eco-friendly products.
- More about Green Housekeeping and Recycling Program.
Green Maintenance Practices
- Conserving energy by installing compact fluorescent light bulbs, turning off lights when not needed, installing thermal pool covers, installing digital thermostats, improving poorly insulated areas, etc.
- Conserving water by working with our owners to install low flow shower heads, low flow toilets, low flow faucets, energy star appliances and adjusting irrigation timers during inclement weather
Green Administrative Practices
- Paperless guest correspondence and invoicing
- E-statement program for owner statements and paperless backup
- Partnership with local Steamboat printer, Element Print and Design, in order to reduce shipping of printed materials
- Office Paper reduction and recycling program, plus recycled paper purchase program
- Employee car-pool program
- Electronic recycling program
- Eco friendly meeting supplies - coffee cups, cutlery, napkins etc.
Certifications and Awards
ResortQuest Steamboat earns Gold Certification in Steamboat Sustainable Business Program
The Sustainable Business Certification requires that a business demonstrate a reduction in energy usage, a plan to reduce, recycle and reuse as much of their waste stream as is feasible, and to put in place water conservation practices. Additionally, a comprehensive analysis of policies, practices and purchasing habits is undertaken so that improvements can be identified.
ResortQuest is the first Steamboat Springs lodging company to receive the Green Suites® green hotel certification.
The Green Suites® certification program establishes a "best practices" outline for the lodging industry and focuses include a linen and towel reuse, water-efficiency, nontoxic housekeeping products, and lighting. A classification of "Green Suites® Certified Green Hotel" will be awarded based on how extensively a property complies, with a rating of between one to five leaves. The Trappeur's Crossing Resort, Torian Plum, Bronze Tree, and Snow Flower properties have received a three leaf rating with future green improvements in the works.
Mount Werner Water Conservation Gold Certification
Wyndham Vacation Rentals in Steamboat has partnered with Steamboat's Mount Werner Water District to ensure our water conservation practices meet their Gold level water conservation measures. Mount Werner Water's program is part of an ongoing effort by the District to raise awareness about the benefits of conserving water. Some of the standard measures include:
- Plumbing fixtures are examined for leaks at least annually and leaks are repaired
- All sprinkler heads are monitored at least weekly and aligned to minimize waste in non- landscaping areas such as sidewalks and driveways
- Irrigation system is timed to operate after 8 p.m. and before 6 a.m.
- More than half of the landscaped property is xeriscaped
- Spas and pools have covers to reduce evaporation
iStayGreen 3 Green Eco-Leaf Rating
ResortQuest Steamboat & Steamboat Resorts properties are listed and can be reviewed on the iStayGreen.org green lodging site. If you have stayed with us recently, please give us a green review. We have received a 3 Green Eco-Leaf rating and we continue to improve our environmental conservation policies and procedures.
Steamboat Resorts has been named the Yampa Valley Recycler of the Year
Steamboat Resorts is committed to providing legendary guest experiences with the goal of minimizing our impact on the environment and becoming a sustainable resort. These efforts were recognized by Yampa Valley Recycles, Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Steamboat Resorts has aggressively engaged in environmentally friendly behavior, bridging the gap between our goals and our accomplishments.
We are proud of our progress. However, green practices are evolving and improving, and we are endeavoring to evolve and improve with them. Please join us on our eco-quest! Together we can make a difference.
We invite you to post comments about your Green Travel experiences:
Email feedback to SteamboatInfo@ResortQuest.com