Green Leaf Initiative
Wyndham Vacation Rentals is committed to providing legendary guest experiences with the goal of minimizing our impact on the environment. Our dedicated green committee has developed our Green Leaf Initiative. We have made many efforts in our daily operations to recycle, conserve energy and save water. We hope that you are willing to join us in these efforts by taking part in the guest participation programs listed below. Together we can make a difference.
Together we can make a difference.
As a company, here's what we do...
- Use of environmentally friendly Aveda bathroom products.
- Use of biodegradable EcoCups in our lobby coffee area. These cups are made with an earth-friendly corn lining instead of the petroleum-based lining you find in most hot cups.
- We promote and encourage the installation of low-flow toilets, showerheads and faucets in our units.
- We promote and encourage the use of Energy Star appliances in our units.
- Recycle all office paper, cardboard, newspaper, glass, aluminum and plastic.
- Offer bus passes and carpool incentives for our employees.
- Snowmelt sensors for sidewalks to save running boilers all the time.
- Installation of automated moisture sensors to reduce summer irrigation use when it rains.
- Our landscaping consists of low-water-consumptive native plants.
- Provide a direct-buy, environmentally friendly organic coffee for our guests in our lobby and our units.
- Use photocells on our exterior lighting systems.
- Purchase at least 50% consumer waste recycled office copy paper.
- Use of recycled paper for marketing materials.
- Use energy-efficient fluorescent lighting in our hallways and common areas.
As our guest, here's what you can do...
Towel Reuse Program
Using towels more than once saves hundreds of pounds of detergent and thousands of gallons of water each year. Towels left hanging on towel racks and hooks tell us that you wish to reuse them, and we will not replace them.
Please place your recyclable aluminums, plastics and glass items in the recycling container provided. Our housekeeping department will collect and remove these items daily. Each kitchen is equipped with recycling containers under the sink. If you have newspaper, cardboard or copy paper, please place next to garbage can.
Help us conserve energy by turning off lights, TVs and other electrical appliances before leaving your room for the day.
Thank you for helping us conserve the earth’s natural resources!
Lion Square Lodge
• Very Good Rating | 3 Green Eco-Leafs