Information for Potential Owners
Putting Your Property on the Rental Market:
The following are some of the items that need to be addressed prior to putting your property on the rental market:
- The property should be clean. All personal items should be removed from the premises. If the property is furnished, please remove any special personal items or lock them securely in an owner's closet.
- All appliances must be in good, working order. The drip pans on the stove should be replaced. The garbage disposal must have a cover.
- The carpets need to be steamed cleaned.
- All interior and exterior windows need to be washed, including the sills.
- All smoke detectors must have a notarized certificate stating that the system has been checked before each new tenancy.
- If gas appliances, gas fireplace, etc are present, a carbon monoxide detector needs to be present or installed.
- All HVAC filters need to be changed.
- All interior and exterior lights must be working.
- All interior and exterior cabinets throughout the house should be clean.
- The caulking in the tubs and showers and around the toilets and sinks should be checked and re-caulked if necessary.
- The exterior of the property should be clean, including gutters, roof, etc.
- The property owner needs to provide landscape and pool/hot tub maintenance service (if applicable).
Many of these initial checklist items will subsequently be performed when the tenants vacate the property as part of their move-out responsibilities.
Should the owner desire not to perform any of the checklist items, we will arrange for them to be performed, the cost of which will be deducted from the first month's rental income.
Are you an owner interested in renting you property short term?
As a part of ResortQuest by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, we have established ourselves at the premier "brand" in the property management industry. The synergies of this affiliation are unprecedented and mark a new era in how vacations home and condominiums are marketed and managed. The primary goals of our relationship with our owners are:
- To maintain the value of their real estate asset
- To generate a consistent and fair return on their investment
- To create a service-oriented experience that allows our owners to enjoy the exclusive benefits of vacation home and condominium ownership.
One distinguishing factor of how we do business is that all of our reservations are made on a unit specific basis.
Are you an owner interested in renting your property long term?
ResortQuest Sun Valley Long-Term Rentals is dedicated to protecting the owner's real estate investment by providing quality management services. Our long-term management services are designed for property owners who wish to rent their home or villa for three, six, nine and 12 months or longer, either furnished or unfurnished.
The following are just some of the services we offer you, the property owner:
- Promote the property for lease.
- Insuring that the rental rate is competitive in the area so that you, the owner, receive consistent monthly income.
- Obtaining rental applications from prospective tenants.
- Screening prospective tenants by performing a credit check through a national credit bureau.
- Preparation of the rental agreement.
- Pre & post rental evaluation.
- Collection of the security deposit.
- Coordinating legal action for the collection of late rents and eviction if necessary.
- Preparing detailed monthly owner's statements of income and expenses.
- Scheduling of maintenance and repairs to the property on a 24-hour basis.
- Once a month inspections.
Monthly maintenance (i.e. pool and lawn service, etc.) can be deducted from the owner's rental income, or the owner may pay the provider directly.