Experience the Benefits
Millions of travelers around the world have found a better way to get away: vacation rentals! Thanks to the many benefits they bring like space, savings and authenticity, vacation rentals are quickly growing in popularity, especially among families and friends looking to vacation together. Unlike hotels, vacation rentals come in a large variety of shapes and sizes to fit a variety of travel needs, with options ranging from condos and cabins to beach homes and villas. Check out some of the valuable benefits below, and browse our video library to imagine your own vacation rental experience.
For a better way to get away this summer, enjoy savings of up to 35%†* in honor of National Vacation Rental Month this July!
Wyndham Vacation Rentals:
Helping You Travel Smarter
Explore Myrtle Beach with Ashley Castle
Book the Right Vacation Rental with Tips from Ashley Castle
Learn to Golf in Myrtle Beach with Ashley Castle
Tips for Smarter Summer Travel
Ashley Castle's Catch n' Cook Experience
Ashley Castle at The Beach Club in Pensacola Beach
Ashley Castle in Pensacola, Florida
Introducing Wyndham Vacation Rentals North America
Managing & Marketing Your Vacation Rental Property
Delivering a Great Owner Experience
Vacation Rentals in Alabama
Vacation Rentals in Charleston's Islands
Vacation Rentals in Delaware
Vacation Rentals in Hilton Head Island
Vacation Rentals in Northwest Florida
Vacation Rentals in Orlando
Vacation Rentals in Park City
Vacation Rentals in Steamboat Springs
Cabin Rentals in the Smoky Mountains
Get the Facts
- Among the benefits travelers favor, 62 percent choose vacation rentals for the value they offer.
- The average price per bedroom per day of a vacation rental is only $78.15, vs. the $106.08 average for a hotel, giving you more money in your pocket for other travel expenses.
- While the average square footage of a hotel room is 325, vacation rentals average 1,850, giving you more space for your money.
- When exploring the benefits, 54 percent of travelers choose vacation rentals for the multiple bedrooms, which make them a leading option for families and larger groups looking to stay together under one roof and share vacation costs.
- The average number of bedrooms in a vacation rental is 2.7, allowing everyone to spread out while vacationing together. Having more room also helps alleviate one of the top-cited annoyances of family getaways: not enough quiet time for parents.
- Thanks to the extra space vacation rentals offer, two times as many vacation rental guests travel in groups as compared to hotel guests, and 67 percent travel with three or more people.
Of the many benefits vacation rentals offer, 61 percent of travelers choose this way to stay for the kitchen, which allows them to cut costs by making some meals at home.
- When considering the benefits, 58 percent of vacation rental guests choose vacation rentals for the home-like amenities, such as in-unit washers/dryers, which can add convenience and help guests cut down on luggage.
- Among the top-cited annoyances of family getaways is lugging extra gear, which in-unit washers/dryers can help prevent.
Vacation rentals give guests a true feel for what it’s like to live like a local. What better way to experience a destination than by staying in a local vacation rental property?
- From condos, private homes, cabins and villas to houseboats, tents, caravans and castles, Wyndham Vacation Rentals gives guests approximately 103,000 vacation rental properties to choose from worldwide.
- Wyndham Vacation Rentals offers approximately 9,000 properties in some of the best beach, ski, mountain, theme park, golf and tennis resort destinations in the U.S.
- Abroad, Wyndham Vacation Rentals offers approximately 94,000 properties across some of Europe’s most popular destinations including France, Italy and the Netherlands.
Sources for above stats: PhoCusWright’s U.S. Vacation Rentals 2009-2014: A Market Reinvented (May 2013); Wyndham Vacation Rentals data; PhoCusWright’s vacation rental guest survey for Wyndham Vacation Rentals (July 2012); United States; Smith Travel Research Inc., PwC; 2001 to 2013 (infographic uses 2012 pricing data); “Three Rental Sites to Help You Kick Your Hotel Habit,” Smarter Travel, April 24, 2012; TripAdvisor® Family Travel Survey, April 3, 2014
†Must be booked between May 20, 2014 and July 31, 2014 with travel to occur between June 1, 2014 and September 1, 2014 with a minimum night stay ranging from two to seven nights for up to 35% off condos, villas or homes using promo code VRMONTH. For Delaware vacation rentals, please call 888.500.4261 and mention promo code VRMONTH. Certain dates may be excluded depending on the location. Cannot be applied to existing reservations, third-party reservations, group reservations, or combined with any other discount or offer. Offer is valid on new reservations only. Additional restrictions apply.
*Destinations and travel times are subject to availability and confirmed on a first come, first served basis. Offer includes accommodations only and specifically excludes travel costs and other expenses that may be incurred. Taxes, additional fees and charges may apply. Promotional discounts and offers may not apply to all properties. This promotional offer may be discontinued at the discretion of Wyndham Vacation Rentals. Offer void where prohibited by law.