Groups and Meetings on Charleston's Islands
Business Meetings, Family Reunions and Destination Weddings
Stunning views and accommodating venues make Charleston's Islands a great place to mix business with pleasure. The picturesque and pristine beaches provide a picture-perfect backdrop to host a wedding, family reunion or other social gathering while also offering beach fun and outdoor recreation. A round of golf can be a key agenda item for a business meeting or a valuable networking opportunity during a corporate conference.
ResortQuest guests on the Charleston Islands have access to several indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet venues to accommodate groups of any size. Most of these larger meeting and banquet venues are located in Seabrook—a gated community nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway that features uncrowded beaches and breathtaking ocean views.
In addition, several homes in Isle of Palms, Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island have up to 10 and 11 bedrooms, sensational views and a wealth of recreational activities. These large homes are well-suited to hosting family reunions and other social gatherings. Please keep in mind when making plans that there are parking limitations for each home on the islands. To find out more about the larger homes on the Charleston Islands, please call (800) 845-2233.
Meeting Rooms & Venues
These are the larger meeting rooms and social events venues available:
- The grand 6,000-square-foot Atlantic Ballroom graciously accommodates the most elaborate events where guests can enjoy spectacular ocean views from expansive outdoor verandas. The expansive Atlantic Ballroom can accommodate up to 300 guests and is equipped with state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment.
- The Cooper Room is a traditional boardroom that can comfortably seat up to fourteen people in large leather chairs. A conference phone, projection screen, multiple electrical outlets and Wi-Fi are available in this meeting space.
- The Carolina Room, at 1,400 square feet, is used as a pre-function space to the ballroom and provides a great setting for cocktail hour or as an intimate event space. With space to host up to 60 guests, this elegantly decorated room features a built-in bar and ocean views.
- Boasting the Atlantic Ocean as a photo backdrop, the Ocean Terrace provides a wonderful setting for wedding ceremonies, cocktail parties and other outdoor events. The adjacent beach cottage is perfect for use as a welcoming or greeting point.
- A unique second-floor space with pitched ceilings and elegant wrought-iron chandeliers, the Deveaux Room has a wraparound balcony with breathtaking sunset views of the ocean. At just over 1,000 square feet, the Deveaux Room can seat up to 50 guests for dinner or 75 guests for a cocktail party.
- The Island House features 30,000 square feet of breathtaking architecture that complements its seaside location. Just steps from the water's edge and two championship golf courses, the many verandas afford unparalleled views and serve as unique event spaces for a wedding ceremony, golf outing or social gathering.