- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Baths
- Community View
I'on Ave 1907
Sullivan's Island, SC
Shady Rest is a private oasis at the heart of Sullivan’s Island—a pristine barrier island located 15 minutes from Charleston, SC—with a pool, hot tub, huge porches for relaxing, and travertine deck with a fire pit for those chilly fall nights. The house is large and comfortable with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 offices, and plenty of areas to relax, eat, and unwind. A short walk takes you to the beautiful beach and all the amenities of the Island. This home is available for a minimum of 28 nights.
Dating from the 1920s, this two-story 4-bed, 3-bath home is the epitome of an authentic lowcountry beach house. It retains its historical charm with original hardwood floors, a massive heart-pine porch, and century-old live oak trees—but has all modern amenities such as Wi-Fi, cable TV, central air, a cook’s kitchen, and open concept first floor living areas. There are a total of 4 bedrooms with 7 beds in this home: 2 king beds, 4 twin beds, 1 double bed, and an optional fifth king-size, memory-foam American Leather sleeper sofa.
Walk up the unique circular staircase to reach the top-floor master bedroom with king bed. The large upstairs bathroom has a brand-new spa shower with two rain head fixtures and an LG front-loading washer and dryer pair. The second bedroom has an office area off of which is a cozy room with two sets of built-in bunk beds, sleeping four.
The first floor has a huge kitchen with granite counters and bamboo cabinets, as well as a walk-in pantry. There are two connected bedrooms—one with a king bed and one with a full bed—and a bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub and shower. There are two large living areas with multiple seating options for separate areas of relaxation. There is a 50-inch flat screen HD TV with cable and Wi-Fi. A second flat-screen TV resides in the quiet library room. The library or “the blue room”—with en suite bath—is an optional fifth bedroom with a king-size, memory-foam American Leather sleeper sofa and has its own set of French doors that open directly onto the porch.
There are three porches total, one for each floor. The roof deck—perfect for sunbathing—offers a panoramic view of the ocean and island. The more private 2nd floor porch is for quiet relaxing, while the main porch extends the length of the house and includes a large room on the end with a dining table.
Each home includes free parking, screened porch or deck, initial supply of linens and towels, washer and dryer, color cable TV, air conditioning, starter supply of paper products and detergents, fully equipped kitchen with dinnerware, flatware, pots and pans, plus local telephone service.
Pet Friendly - If booking this home online and you intend to bring your dog, please write 'PET' into the Special Request line of the booking page. A copy of our Pet Policies will be sent to you, and a charge of $150 per stay will be added to the rental rate to cover the cost of the pet fee. Please sign and return the Pet Policy document as soon as possible.Read More
Exterior FeaturesRead More
- Check-in Office Name:
- Isle of Palms
- 1400 Palm Blvd.
- Suite N
- Isle of Palms
- South Carolina, 29451
- Check In Time: 04:00 PM
- Check Out Time: 10:00 AM
- Office Phone: 800-877-0837
- Reservation Phone: 800-247-5050
- Check-In Phone: 800-877-0837
- Maintenance Phone: 843-886-9840
- After Hours Phone: 800-877-0837
- Office Fax: 843-886-3055
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hours: 8:00AM to 6:00PM from Easter to Labor Day; otherwise 9:00AM to 5:00PM
- After Hours Check-In Procedures: If a guest does not arrive by closing time, their check-in packet is placed in a lockbox, located just outside our Front Desk office, in the drive-thru lane. The lockbox assignment info is sent to our after-hours call center, and guests can retrieve their info by calling 1-800-877-0837. Guests can drive around the back of the building and pull in to the center lane of the drive-thru to retrieve their check in packet. An 800 number is posted on the lockboxes and on the front door if assistance is needed. There is also a sign on the front door directing guests to the lockbox location.